Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Tiny Bit of Relief

So, I had another doctor appointment today. Surprise, surprise!!! I feel like I am starting to live there or at least make it one of my favorite activities of the week. I feel bad for Dawson. He really is a champ. Gotta give it up for him for being in a doctor's office for over an hour (because they are always running behind).

Anyways...at the visit with my regular OB, I was somewhat relieved to hear what she said. She said that, although my amniotic fluid level is high, it is not a huge concern (at least not at this point). She said that yes it does increase of risk, but only slighty. The bigger concern is the size of Samuel's head. It is likely that his head will continue to grow. She said that she will talk with perinatologist and discuss at what point a c-section is mandatory. The OB said that regardless of which method I deliver it will be difficult. If natural...obviously hard. If C-section, more of challenge to get him out. Hopefully he stays head down. If he moves to a breech position, it could be interesting. Also, my blood pressure was elevated. She didn't seemed concerned about that...in all honesty it was probably because I had to sit in the waiting room for a year and a half. I will monitor that at home. Not much else really. Just "wait and see". By my next ultrasound I think we will know more of what to expect. My next ultrasound isn't until the 28th of October! Just pray Samuel stays in there and I stay healthy (both physically and mentally).

I have too admit with each week and almost day really, my faith is challenged. I have been having a lot of "bad" days lately. I seem to get more annoyed with EVERYTHING and my family suffers from this. I feel horrible for Jeff and Dawson. I probably feel worse for Dawson because he doesn't understand. I just have been on edge lately, irritated by little things. Dawson seems to push my buttons daily. If only he would do everything I asked-immediately. That is just how I am responding to him and Jeff. It seems like I am in a constant state of stress. I was doing so well. Now I just feel like I am slipping. Our family needs prayer. Jeff is such a great guy to put up with me. We definitely handle stress differently. I am what you might call "high strung". Jeff on the other hand is more laid back. I have also been avoiding people lately. So, sorry if you are one of my friends and I have been not calling you back or emailing you back or just avoiding you. It isn't because I don't need you-I just am having a hard time. Please forgive me for being a bad friend and know that I still care about our friendship.

May God be with our family during this time and the time that will follow. As always, thanks for the prayers and overwhelming support (in so many ways).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy and Jeff,
This is Lisa at Rockrimmon Chiropractic. I was so happy to see you yesterday Kristy! We are all keeping you and your family in our prayers. Here's a verse that I just read and thought of you:
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in EVERY detail of their lives. ~
Psalm 37:23

God DELIGHTS in EVERY detail! Isn't that wonderful? Even in the difficult details, even in the huge details, even in the overwhelming details. Hang in there! Hope to see you all soon.

Christina said...

Our only strength comes from Christ!! I love you and pray for you constantly! God is good!
Christina

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristy, it's your cousin, Tina. I just wanted you to know that I have been praying for you since I found out about Samuel. Thanks for letting us all know what is going on and remember you and Samuel and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care sweetheart and remember GOD is always here and works in mysterious ways.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy,Jeff and Dawson
Just wanted to say that I love you
very much. Ithink about you all the
time. Joe and I have been praying
for all of you.

Love you lots
Aunt Debbie