Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Hard Day

Psalm 25:4-5
Show me your ways, O LORD,
teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
Today was a hard day. Church was a really difficult place to be. Sometimes, it is not even the message, but just being there that makes us vulnerable to our emotions (which is ok, just hard). I could tell that Jeff was having a particularly emotional time during worship, which made it challenging for me as well. It is very rare to see Jeff that way and it makes my heart break. Not only that, but a few rows in front of us was a mother with a newborn baby. She was just stroking his little fuzz on his head and cuddling him so sweetly. My heart was aching. I was happy for her, but sad not knowing if I will be able to experience that with Samuel. I guess regardless I will be able to stroke his little head, feel his sweet little body-just maybe not the way in which I hoped. Letting go of these expectations is a very hard challenge. My heart just feels very sad lately and scared. I can only cry out to God right now. The pain is just overwhelming these days. I can only imagine how much harder this is going to get.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

qrycleplgtsockjaunTo my dear sweet Kristy
I love you,I know that Gods arms
are wrapped around you. I wish I
could take away your pain.If you
need anything let me know.
I love you

Love Aunt Debbie

dave and mary said...

Dear Kristy and Jeff, Dawson and Samuel,
You have such a special way of communicating so much, and we thank you for that. Your words help us try to understand what you and Jeff are dealing with, and that helps us pray for you. I keep asking the Lord to provide what it is you both need. Blessings today, and prayers for the Lord's peace in the midst of a most difficult time in your lives. Love, mary--dave too

Anonymous said...

Kristy...it's Tina again. I just want you to know that I think about you and your family every day. I am praying for you and your family. I wish there was something I could say or do to take away your worry and pain. All I can say is that I know God is looking out for you and your family and will bless Samuel. Please let me know if I can do anything for you. I love you Kristy even though we haven't seen each other in years, I am still here.