Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Heavy Heart

First I have to say that I am so glad that my mom is here. I can't tell you what a relief it is to have her here. Not to mention that Dawson totally adores her. He wants mamaw to do everything-"mamaw buckle me in", "mamaw get me milk"..... and on and on. He will actually cry if Jeff or I do something for him. I can't say that I am complaining about that. He even wants mamaw to change his diaper-oh, what a bummer! It was been to nice to be able to relax, but I think my mom pushes me relaxing a little too much. For example,we went to Walmart on Monday and she made me drive one of those motorized carts. That was so embarrassing. She told me I had two options: drive the motorized cart or sit the in the car. Grrr. But all and all, it is good that I am able to rest.
Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment. I am actually looking forward to going. Just to see if things have changed or what we are going to do now. It has been a week since our triage visit and it will be the first time I have talked with my doctor since then. I kind of hope that she says that Samuel will come soon. I feel better now that I have the steroid shot and am kind of ready to just deal with whatever is going to come. I think the anticipation is just driving me mad. I am constantly wondering...is it today, tomorrow, next week, 5 weeks???? I feel like this lost puppy dog...just not knowing what to do. Today when we were at the store, I was wondering, should I buy Samuel an outfit? Should I do this? Should I do that? So many overwhelming questions. I want to be prepared, but to what degree, I am not even sure. So, I just got consumed with so many unknown questions that I just cried while I walked around the store pondering them. I am sure people just thought I was hormonal....which I am, but is not the reason why I was crying. Blah...too much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristy! Tina again. I am so glad that your mom is there with you just in case. Tell her I said "HI" and remember we are all praying for you and your whole family

Kgottsch said...

Hi Kristy. Aunt Karen here. So glad Gina is there. Tell her I said way to go with the Wal Mart cart. I did the same thing with Sheri when she was having pre term contractions. We moms can be overbearing but that is our job!

kyrajane said...

I've always wanted to drive one of those carts!!!!