Thursday, October 9, 2008

Triage Visit Last Night

I am going to make this short. Our internet is not working, so I am at my neighbor's house, but just wanted to do a quick update.

Last night, I had some brown spotting and other yucky things ( I will share you all the details). But I was concerned and called the nurse hotline. She told me to go to the birthing center triage and get checked out. So, of course, we went. Again, to make this short... we went to hospital, got monitored and checked. They also did this Fetal...blah blah test. The Fetal... test can show if I am at an increased risk for delivering in the next 2 weeks.
Conclusions: The test came back positive (this doesn't mean that I will delivery in next 2 weeks, but would not be surprising...there can be a false positive). I am dilated almost 2 cm. I was having contractions, although not consistent enough to stay in hospital. And finally I lost mucus plug.
What they did: Gave me some medicine (can't remember the name), but it is to stop contractions. Only problem is that is gives me terrible headaches. But contractions have become less. They gave me a steroid shot to help Samuel's lungs develop. I get another shot tonight. I have to go to hospital tonight late because it needs to be within 24 hours of the previous one. Lucky me.
I will let you know as things happen. Just wanted to give a quick update. It is hard because our internet is not working...go figure.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Kristy-
This is Nikki, Carla and Tim's daughter (your cousin). I just want you to know that my heart is breaking for you. However, I think that I have a lot to learn from you. My husband (dale) and I only pray that we will be able to have the faith you do throughout our entire lifetimes. You really are a very inspiring woman. Your family will be in our prayers daily.
Please keep posting-

With love,

Nikki Mayhugh Cebula
(feel free to email ncebula@yahoo.com)

Anonymous said...

Kristy - thank you for keeping everyone updated on what's going on, and sharing your faith so openly. You all are in my prayers every day.
Jen Snyder

wolfepackmama said...

Kristy- Thinking of you and praying for you constanly. Just know there are so many people lifting you and your family up and begging (in the most humble of ways of course) for a miracle for your precious Sameul. Thank you for keeping us posted.
Wendy Wolfe
(Rockrimmon)

Anonymous said...

Kristy,
This may seem silly but Aiden and I are around all weekend with nothing planned. If you want a playmate for Dawson or for us to take him off your hands or ANYthing, let me know. We are around. Praying for you ...
Jess Williams

Anonymous said...

Kristy, This is Aunt sandy. I just wanted to let you know that tim, me, and the girls are all praying for you,Jeff,Dawson and Samuel daily. I believe that with God all things are possible. We love you very much.