Tuesday, August 19, 2008

With God all things are possible.

I find this hard to understand. Samuel seems so normal-kicking in my belly. But he isn't. Lately I have been struggling with that thought. How it can seem so normal, yet be so abnormal. Again, that is one of those questions that I just have to stop trying to make sense of. I am actually really excited about our ultrasound next Friday. I will be happy to see Samuel-alive and moving around in my belly. I know that I may never meet him alive outside of the womb. Despite this, I still have this sliver of hope-that just maybe when they do the ultrasound he will have a brain and will be healed. I can hope for this, but not expect this. I believe that God can perform miracles today. It may not be his will for Samuel to be healed and to survive very long, but if it is I will be estactic. If it isn't-that is ok too. Again, I will just have to continue to remind myself of God's character and that He knows what is planned for our lives. It is all in the story He has written for our family. At the same time, I will not forget that the impossible is possible with God. Let us not forget that.

4 comments:

Melissa Kroener Hale said...

you are amazing and inspiring. i love you so much!!

Anonymous said...

We love Samuel & you and Jeff...We will continue to pray for what is impossible by our standards...I just love your posts, we read & we pray...Please call anytime, and for any reason. love, laura & paul

Sean Martin said...

Kristy,

My name is Sean Martin and I went to school with Jeff, graduating with his brother Mark. I now live in CT and have see God work the miracles you hope for. I have a friend whose daughter's CAT scan looks like Samuel's, but she is 6, and he only delay is that she has Cerebral Palsy and has to use crutches to walk. My own son Samuel went through open heart surgery at 4 months old and we had to put him in his heavenly father's hands and take our hands off, trusting God to care for him. Reading these posts has reminded me of that difficult time, but also reminded me of the miracles I have seen God work. I continue to pray for all of you.

In His Grip,

Sean Martin

jenna said...

kristy, i'll definitely be in prayer for your ultrasound! i'll spread the word so you'll have lots of prayer! i wish i could come there and hug you! your faith is amazing. thanks for being such an awesome example of it. :) i love you!