Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This too shall pass

This is a poem by Helen Steiner Rice. Her poetry is so inspiring and encouraging. I have found myself reading her words and being uplifted. Although this world brings so many unknowns, especially in our circumstances right now- I know that God is real and I can rest assured in that. My world may fall apart here on earth, but I have hope that can't compare to any adversity that I may face. I may not know all the things I desire to know, but that is ok. I am confident that God does know the answers and that is good enough for me. I know not everyone can have the blind faith that I feel like I have at this moment in my life, but in reality it really isn't that blind after all. I feel God's peace and presence-isn't that real enough?


This Too Shall Pass
If I can endure for this minute
Whatever is happening to me,
No matter how heavy my heart is
Or how dark the moment may be-
If I can remain calm and quiet
With all the world crashing about me,
Secure in the knowledge God loves me
When everyone else seems to doubt me-
If I can but keep on believing
What I know in my heart to be true,
That darkness will fade with the morning
And that this will pass away, too-
Then nothing in life can defeat me
For as long as this knowledge remains
I can suffer whatever is happening
For I know God will break all of the chains
That are binding me tight in the darkness
And trying to fill me with fear-
For there is no night without dawning
And I know that my morning is near.
Helen Steiner Rice

4 comments:

Melissa Kroener Hale said...

wow those are amazing words.

Praying for you, Jeff, Dawson and Sam every day.

Now I know why were discussing how to spell Mamaw and Papaw lol It changed in every post!

I love you so much :)

shell said...

Thanks for being an example of hope to all of us. Continuing to pray for God to be glorified.

Unknown said...

Your story coupled with your honesty and faith is so encouraging to me, and has let to multiple eternal conversations with non-believers. I have been and will continue praying for you, jeff, Dawson, and Samuel

tara said...

Hi Kristy. I met you at Mark & Ayeisha's wedding (Tara...married to Elton). Anyway, I read all of your blog entries and just have to tell you how inspired I am by your deep faith at this tough time... and how beautifully you are able to express it! My brother-in-law just published a book I think might interest you...A Grace Given, by Kent Gilges--written in diary format like your blogs, from the heart. It's about his daughter Elie (my niece) who had a brain tumor and how that suffering impacted his worldview and strengthend his faith. My sister Liz (Elie's mom) is following your blog too. Maybe Mark and Ayeisha can mail their copy of the book to you (or you can get it from amazon.com)...I think you'd find great comfort in it. Just had to share...thanks for sharing your journey with us! Please know Elton and I pray for you, Jeff and little Samuel every night.
God Bless,
Tara