Monday, August 4, 2008

Denver.

What a nice day! Today me, Dawson, and the parents went to Denver. In Denver, we visited the Aquarium and Children's Museum. It was great fun. Dawson really loved the sea turtle and the tiger at the aquarium (yes there was a tiger there ??). He was a crazy man at the children's museum-very stimulating, maybe a little too much. He crashed on the way home. Later we went out to eat at a Chinese buffet-I think the best I have ever been too. The grandparents definitely spoil him. He is always getting ice cream, juice boxes, and toys (at every shopping trip). He tells mammal, "I need that". I will have to do a grandparents detox when they leave. Oh well, it is only a week and so worth it!! That is what grandparents are for! Who knows what adventures await us tomorrow!?

On another note. I find it hard just thinking of the reality of Samuel. I know Jeff has looked into some burial/funeral stuff. It is really difficult to think about. I really just have to take it one day at a time, otherwise it is too overwhelming. I almost feel like I am a ticking bomb-wondering if this is going to be his last kick. I know I have to stop thinking about it-it makes me go mad. Last night, I just lay in bed thinking about the ultrasound and hearing the devastating news. Replaying it over and over again. I have got to stop this. But when i do think this way, I am reminded that this is for God's glory. I think of the story of the blind man being healed. Followers of Jesus asked if this was because of a sin committed by his family. Jesus replied that indeed it was not, but for the glory of God. Let me not forget that. I also have not given up hope-hope for a miracle. God is big and he can give Samuel a brain. I know that even though he is capable, it doesn't mean that is his plan. And that is ok, but I think of a huge miracle happening. I wouldn't be angry at God if it didn't. Thank goodness He knows what He is doing. He did create the universe, I guess I can trust him with this little thing in comparison to that. This plan has to be good, because God is good. He doesn't want us to hurt. I know that. God doesn't like to see us in pain, to cry, to have our hearts broken.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kristy-

I'm a good friend of Jenna Gilfedder's and she's basically just been keeping us updated on you and your family and asking us to offer up as much prayer as possible.

It is such an encouragement to see your faithfulness through such a hard season. I pray that you keep depending on Him for your every need and work on all His strength! Like you said, God is so good and He cares for you, Jeff and your children so dearly.

I hope that you feel all the powerful prayers being lifted up for you (even from people you don't know) and feel peace that only the Lord can provide.

Sincerely with Love-
Jen Shaver

dave and mary said...

Dear Kristy, Jeff, Dawson, Samuel,
Just catching up, reading your excellent comments, Kristy. Am so thankful your parents can be with you these days. Praying for you all, dave and mary

Niki Harper said...

Jeff and Kristy-

Just a note to say that we're thinking about you and praying daily. Your faith is inspirational.

Love,
Brandon, Niki and Gage