Friday, September 19, 2008

It has been awhile!

Sorry it has been so long since I have updated. Anyway...so I am learning what Braxton Hicks contractions are-yippee. I didn't have any contractions with Dawson-that is until they induced me. Apparently these are very different. I have been consistently having them for the past 3 days now. It has made me really nervous. I went into the doctor today for some peace of mind. The doctor said everything was ok-I am not dilated at all. She said I should just take it easy-ha, that is funny. She said I should put my feet up, relax, and try not to pick up Dawson. Again, funny! I am glad for some peace of mind that these are not labor contractions. I have to admit that I fell apart at the doctors appointment. I was "waiting" (as you know always happens in a doctor's office) and I just started to breakdown. The poor doctor! She walked in and I just started crying. I was saying how I didn't want Samuel to come now because he wasn't ready. If he has any chance of survival he needs to stay in there longer. I was sobbing. Then I started crying because I said I felt fat and then...it was just one thing after another. I was a wreck. Poor doctor. She couldn't do anything until I calmed down. I am "one of those" who make everyone else have late appointments. Well, she was very sweet anyway and reassured me that for now I am not in labor. Whew! By the way she was not my normal doctor.

And on another note. Dawson has turned into a crazy 2.5 year old boy. He has started to talk back or rather repeat whatever I say. For example, I say "Dawson, if you do that again, I am going to put you in timeout.". Then he says (while gritting his teeth), "no, you go in timeout.". Wow! I didn't know 2.5 year olds were like this. I can feel my blood pressure rise when he does this. I think he knows it pushes my button. Again, only 2.5, and he knows how to push my buttons. He is also been like an energizer bunny lately. I need a nap everyday, he somehow doesn't need one. We went to the zoo the other day for 3.5 hours. He didn't even ride in the stroller. He either ran or walked the entire zoo, but still not even for a nap. I wish had his energy-which I am sure a lot of us do.

Again, I want to thank everyone for being so amazing! I can't believe how much I have seen God through this whole situation. We have been blessed beyond belief! I think one of the most amazing things I have seen is God's provision financially. Wow! I am really in awe at how God has used his people to help provide for us. Thank you God. It is so wonderful to have such amazing support from our brothers and sisters in Christ. God's family truly is wonderful and real. I know I use the word amazing a lot, but it is an amazing word!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kristy,

It is so sweet to see how the Lord brings joy, humor and encouragement to you in the midst of such uncertainty! My heart feels your joy & sorrow as you carry Samuel! I have been praying for you and your family whenever you come to mind! Dawson is such a cutie pie….Michael (my brother) emailed pictures from the day they laid the sod and I loved seeing Dawson! Our favorite granddad who lived with us growing up was “Granddad Dawson” so I really favor the name as well!

I will continue to lift you up to our Sovereign Father and will pray Duet.31:6 for you. Be strong and of good courage, do not fear or be afraid; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.

Sisters In Him,

Lisa Haislet