Monday, January 19, 2009

Florida.

Well, we have been busy here in the sunny state of Florida. Today was a gorgeous day! The other days have not been that great, but who cares...we are here together as a family and that is what matters. We went to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, downtown Disney, and a helicopter ride in Orlando. What a great time! Dawson is being such a little champ. Today we chilled at camp and went to the park with a lot of kids of camp staff. It truly was a great day. It is nice to be here with old friends.
This trip has been great so far. It is nice to be away together and have a free agenda. Although we are having a great time, I think I have thought of Samuel even more than ever. Everything is just so surreal. I just can't believe how dramatically our lives changed in one day...in 10 weeks. I feel like we need to do something with this experience that God has chosen us to endure. I am not quite sure what that means, but I feel like we can't go living our lives like we were before. Big things are going to happen.
Samuel's life has changed a lot of people's lives-especially our life. What a blessing he was and continues to be! His life was short but precious beyond belief. So many things we take for granted-like our next breath, tomorrow, each moment. We just never know we will leave this life here on earth or when anyone around will either. I feel like I understand more the saying, "make the most of every opportunity". For, we are not God, and therefore need to stop living like we are. I have also realized that so many things I once thought were important in life...well, frankly they just aren't anymore. I think my spirit has been softened. I have learned to see good in others FIRST. I understand more what it means to be "surrounded by a fellowship of believers". "Peace that transcends all understanding" has taken on a new meaning...wow! There is just so much I personally have learned (so much more than I have said) and that I will continue to learn. But I think the thing that surpasses all is that God is good and He is in control. Thank goodness I don't have to be in control-that would be way too much handle.

4 comments:

gadfly1974 said...

I'm humbled by your insights and reminded of how much I take for granted.

Anonymous said...

You cause me to stop and think about what is important in my life, what -- and who -- to hold onto, and what to let go of. You are right, God is truly good.

~Annie

jenna said...

i love you a lot kristy! i am so thankful for you :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys are having good family time in Florida. I look forward to seeing you when you return.
Love, Jess W.