Thursday, January 8, 2009

Almost a Week

Well, it has been almost a week since Samuel has met Jesus. We are very sad that he is gone. We are sad because WE want to hold him, touch him, and have him here with us. Despite being sad I am also relieved that Samuel doesn't have to suffer anymore-no more surgeries, no more suctioning, no more annoyances. He is not restricted anymore. Now that everyone has left (except my mom) I find it harder to be content...I know that this is normal and it is ok to be sad...but I guess I am not quite ready to accept the reality that my sweet little baby will never come home again (at least here on earth). It just doesn't make sense...but I have to realize it may never make sense in the way I want his passing to make sense. That is ok, but hard to grasp.

Anyway, we were suppose to bury Samuel on Wednesday, but no one at the hospital would sign his death certificate, so we are burying him tomorrow. It will just be me, jeff, and my mom.

Side note: I know people have been asking about giving donations...we are working on it...we need his death certificate (the hospital is suppose to be signing that tonight). Hopefully we can set that up... we will let you know when we get that taken care of.

Continue to pray for us-for peace and understanding.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of the news of your precious son. His short time with us on earth touched many lives. His spirit remains strong. I honor you and your family for sharing the testament of God's love with us. May you one day know why and feel the peace of Christ flowing to you.

Anonymous said...

Kristy,
Give yourself time to absorb what is happening now and eventually you will be able to accept reality even if you don't understand it.
Take care of yourself and Dawson and don't dwell on guilt. Go through the stages of grief. Perhaps there is a grief group nearby that could help.

Anonymous said...

Kristy,
Give yourself time to heal. Don't hold it in. Cry when you need to, laugh when you need to, and talk with Jeff. You need each other to help you both get thru this.
Love, Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

Kristy,

It may never make sense to you, and that is okay. You have to give yourself time to absorb what has happened, and most importantly do not hold in your grief. Cry if you want to, yell if you want to, but do not blame yourself. You and Jeff did all you could for Samuel and more than many would have. Remember all your friends and family are for you and we all continue to pray.

Love you.

Your cousin,
Tina

Anonymous said...

I was referred to your blog by my sister-in-law, who is a friend of a friend, and want to say that you and your family are an inspiration. My husband and I lost our first-born son to a terminal genetic disease at the age of 20 months in 2004, and we have gone through many of the same emotions and situations as is written in your blog. I will keep praying for you.