Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A week of being home sweet home.

Sorry it has been so long friends. We have definitely been busy. Samuel is keeping us on our toes. It has been such a blessing to be in the comforts of our home. At times it is a little scary not having a nurse here 24/7, but we are learning to be calm and utilize our resources. This is definitely the hardest thing we have ever had to do in our lives. Samuel requires a lot of care and time. We are just trying to adjust right now and get a routine-so it is pretty hectic. It feels like the days never end. I personally dread the night-I feel like that is when we are really alone. But despite our lives being turned upside down, we are coping and Samuel is doing amazing.

Today Samuel had his check-up. He is now 7lb 5oz. Go Samuel! The doctor increased his feedings. He still seems so tiny to me. The doctor is pleased with how he is doing. She doesn't think that Samuel will continue to need oxygen. But when he can be weaned from it we are not sure of. Samuel will continue to have doctor appts weekly. Before we left the hospital I had to schedule 10 appointments! Last week we had three appts. This week only 2. But the week of Christmas, I think we have 4! Busy Busy Busy.

Dawson is being a crazy wild man-as always. He is such a boy. He has been having a hard time adjusting to having to share attention with Samuel...he will get used to it (hopefully). It is also hard for him because he is so used to going out with me every day. Well, we just can't do that anymore. Once Samuel gets stronger and the weather gets warmer, we will be able to get out more...but in the mean time, I have to learn to be creative and do stuff in the house. Although Dawson can be crazy, he is also the sweetest little boy. He loves to kiss Samuel and tell him, "I love him all the time" and "he's so sweet". Gosh I love that kid!

On another note-our dear friends Rick and Amy are here visiting us. What a blessing! Today they have been watching Dawson while we had some running around to do. I am sure Dawson is enjoying the attention. They are still out and about, so I am sure he will be wiped out when he gets home. Good for us!

Oh. We are open to visitors if anyone wants to come over-just call. But make sure you aren't sick. Thanks.

3 comments:

Heather Rice said...

Congrats on a week home! How wonderful for you all! If you guys ever wanna talk about getting night nursing in place, get ahold of me. The company that I work for (as a 3rd shift private duty nurse) may have an office near you...Have a great time with Rick and Amy!

Kandie Stilwell said...

Hi, my name is Kandie Stilwell. My husband and I and 4 children are missionaries to Peru, South America. I found your blog through a friend and want you to know that I am praying for you. We are currently on furlough in Lafayette, IN. You are a blessing to me. You are handling this trial/blessing in an awesome way. Go Samuel! What a miracle!! If you want to know more about me here is my blog: stilwellsinperu.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

My friend, Sherry, wanted me to tell you she and her Christian friends are praying for you, and admire your courage. She couldn't figure out how to post to the blog.--Jeff's mom