Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ambulance Ride #2

What a long morning! I am so tired, so I will make this quick. This morning Samuel's oxygen saturation dropped in the low 80's. He should be above 90. Again, to make a long story short-we called 911 and he was taken to the hospital. They assessed him-chest x-ray and RSV culture. Both were fine. He had some thick secretions...but even after suctioned his oxygen saturation was still too low. They decided to send us home with oxygen and have Samuel on it for some time (not sure...week, weeks, months...?). Our primary doctor will be following him now. They think it could just be an adjustment to the new environment (outside the hospital). It was definitely scary, but I think we handled it well. Jeff and I are both sleep deprived and it shows. Samuel is doing well. He has been 100% oxygenated and will continue on his oxygen until further notice. Hopefully, this will just be a little bump in the road.

8 comments:

Christina said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the oxygen issues, but so happy to hear that Samuel is doing much better. Still thinking of you all!

Laura said...

Don't worry it will get better. When my daughter came home from the hospital she had a trach and oxygen. We had a few scares in the first couple months and were flown to the hospital but we made it through it. You are doing a great job samuel is lucky to have parents like you.

Heather Rice said...

That must have been so scary! Glad to hear you got to bring him back home. Keeping you in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

guys, i am so sorry to hear that...please please call if you need an ear...or help...we get it...some of it. love you. leith & aaron mchugh

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!

"So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord!" Psalm 31:24 NLT

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristy and Jeff,

I just found your blog. I hope it is OK that I read it. I am even more amazed by you guys after reading this.
I am glad you got to take Samuel right back home, he will continue to have ups and downs, but he is getting the best care he has had at home with you.
I also wanted to say thank you. I think that God brings people into our live purposely and I have been blessed to have gotten to be involved in a little part of Samuel's and your lives. I have learned so much about faith and love by watching you and listening to you these past months.
Also, I think it is definitely getting close to time for you to have a date night. Please e-mail me anytime and we can set it up. I will come hang out with both boys.

Take Care,

Nancy
nancyfraire@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Dear Jeff and Kristy and Dawson and Samuel,
Thank you for sharing your joys and trials and struggles and your tremendous faith. HE IS holding all of you - what a blessed assurance!

Continuing to pray for you in the Precious name of our Savior!
Sherry Graban

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristi and Jeff, Sorry I did not get to say goodbye, but I really was praying for and thinkng about you all. I wanted to say that you all are truly a blessing and a light for others around you. We can truly see Gods presence in your life and through your walk. Please tell Dawson hi and give Samuel a kiss from me.
With love Nichole

P.S. and if you every need home care I was serious!:)
Please KIT nichole.morris@memorialhealthsystem.com