Sunday, December 7, 2008

'Twas the night before

Kristy and I stayed with Samuel the past two nights and the first night was really rough - he didn't sleep at all. The nurses told us that this is common because babies don't adjust well to new environments. He did much better last night, sleeping most of the night.



We are wiped out and got little to no sleep Friday night and a decent amount last night and things are hectic getting the house ready for him. Our neighbors truly are a blessing and watched Daws for two nights, cleaned our house, did laundry, made us meals and many other things that helped a bunch.



The game plan for tomorrow is to arrive at the hospital at 9:00 and then go through the discharge procedures. If there are not many new babies in the NICU keeping the docs busy, it should go relatively quickly. We then meet the home health care guy at our house to make sure everything is set up correctly. There is also no nursing care set up, so we are a bit nervous about that. Kristy loves to get Daws out of the house as much as possible, and a nurse would help make that more possible. So let us know if you know a nurse looking for a job :)

Tomorrow is Day 45, and we finally get our son, and all four of us can sit at the dinner table as a family.

Please pray that the transition goes smoothly.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I am so excited for you guys! ps, don't forget I am a nurse! :)

Anonymous said...

Praying that all will go smoothly tomorrow! Blessings to you all, laura

Anonymous said...

Keep trusting! We are praying that all will go well. You are never far from our thoughts and prayers, and even better, never too far from God's heart. Wishing you joy this Christmas season!

But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, "You are my God!" Psalm 31:14 NLT

dave and mary said...

Just read your post for today, and it's 8:43, almost d(departure)day for Samuel to leave the hospital and head for home! Praying for all to go without incident. You are all amazing! dave and mary

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you guys.we are praying that everything will go smoothly today. we love you!

Laura said...

I have been reading your blog and am very happy for you that your son is coming home. My daughter has Down Syndrome and spent her first 77 days in the hospital and came home with a trach and feeding tube also. I was very nervous for the first few day and we also didn't get our nursing until she was home a few days. It didn't take long to get the hang of things. Good luck

jenna said...

i am soo excited for you two!! if only i lived in colorado! i would come be your nurse!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys. I hope all went well today. Your faith and Samuel's extraoridnary strength have blessed us all.

K said...

Outstanding!

Christina said...

I hope it's going well! I can't wait to hear that your family is home at last!

Heather Rice said...

How awesome! I wish you guys lived here! That is my kind of nursing that I do....Do you have an Interim Healthcare near where you live? That's my agency.

Praise God!!!! I am soooooo happy for you guys