Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Deep Sadness

This is Kristy. Well, Samuel is doing ok...just ok. I talked to the nurse this morning and she said he had an "ok" night. My heart is sad. I hate to see my little baby suffering like this. It is hard to understand why this had to happen. But, again, that is where I just have to continue to trust God and know that he is in control. The doctors have yet to find out why this happened, but they just keep saying, "this was a very bad thing to happen". Samuel was without a heart rate/oxygen for 32 minutes (if not or more). As soon as Jeff came up to get me that morning I began CPR to a lifeless little Samuel lying on the floor. He didn't respond. Then 911 arrived and took over...with no success. They said that 2 minutes into the ride they got a pulse. That is a really long time to be without oxygen. The big concern is the damage that was done to his brain. Not only did he already have little brain, but what he did have has been damaged. Yesterday they did an EEG (brain scan) and determined that there was very little brain activity. When this test was done previously it was determined that he had normal brain activity. This is very dishearting. It feels like the chance that he had has been smashed...but I will never give up hope. But I think hope is wishing for the best for Samuel. I feel torn at what to pray for. I want to pray that he gets better-that his brain/organs recover, but at the same time I want to pray that he will stop suffering and just be with Jesus. That is why I just need God to make that decision very clear-that He makes that decision. Please pray for that. Our hearts are heavy. Our sadness is great. It just doesn't make sense, but sometimes life just doesn't make sense and we just have to accept that.

11 comments:

Brian Phillips said...

Still praying. So, so sorry.

jenna said...

kristy i love you all so much. if there is anything i can do or that you need please let me know! i am so sorry, i'll be praying.

Anonymous said...

I'm so, so sorry, Kristy and Jeff. My heart just aches for you. I'll be praying hard.
Love, Renee

Anonymous said...

Kristy, you don't know me, but i have been reading your blog & praying for Samuel & your family since July. i will continue to pray for Samuel & for your strength & peace.
Gail Estes

Anonymous said...

I'm still praying for you and the family.
It's so sad to see your family suffering like this. God will give you some answers someday.

Jocelyn said...

your faith is admirable, your God is your comfort, may your family continue to find comfort in the One who always has your best in mind. Peace and prayers.

jocelyn (a friend of shelley's, i have been following your blog and praying for you all since samuel was born)

Anonymous said...

Kristy and Jeff,
We will be praying.
Gina & Michael

Jessica said...

Praying for you all!

Melissa Kroener Hale said...

Praying that you are wrapped in the comfort of His arms. Wish I could be with you. Praying nonstop.

I love you.

Anonymous said...

Our hearts ache with you Jeff and Kristy. We are praying for God's will to be done and for God to be glorified through you guys and sweet little Samuel.

Anonymous said...

You don't me but I wanted you to know that I am praying for you and your family.