Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Uncertainty, yet again.

Today, Samuel had his g-tube/nissen surgery. It didn't go as smoothly as expected. The surgeon said that when he split the vessel in the stomach that it turned a grayish color-which is indicative of lack of oxygen/blood. To say the least...if the stomach doesn't get the blood supply back... Samuel may die. So, again, we just have to wait and see. Of course, this makes us question our decision to have the surgery. But, we just have to trust God, and trust that He is in control-ultimately He makes the calls. Please pray for Samuel's stomach to get blood supply. Pray for us during these stressful days ahead.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all.

Anonymous said...

"And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you." Psalm 39:7 NLT

Brian Phillips said...

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I'm praying for Samuel (as always), and for your peace.

Melissa B. said...

Praying for a pink tummy!

Anonymous said...

Dear Lord,

Please be with Samuel right now. Give him the needed blood for his stomach to be healthy. You have a plan for Samuel. Thank you God for his life and his will to live.

kecias said...

kristy, your posts are so honest, amazing and faith-inspiring! i read all of them this morning and bawled my eyes out. i had no idea until last night that there were any complications with samuel -- you were just the cutest little pregnant lady i'd ever met! i'm praying for samuel and your whole fam -- someday i want to meet this precious little guy!

amanda denny said...

I hope you know that you give hope to all the christians out there struggling and our struggles seem much less yours. I just pray everyday for your family and I know God can make Samuell a miracle! God gives many blessings to those who are there for him. I love you guys! I hope theres many more good surprises to come

Cherie said...

Kristy and Jeff: Prayers are going around the world..as far as Norway and Australia intercessors are being asked to call out for God's power and presence to fall on your family! "Do not fear, for I am with you; I will strengthen you, surely I will help you" Is 41:10