Friday, November 21, 2008

Care Conference

We had our care conference today and sat down with the whole medical crew to talk about his discharge. The neurosurgeon would like to place the shunt back in his brain on Tues or Wed, and as long as that goes smoothly and the feedings go well, we can expect him to come home on the Dec 8th. Kristy and I will have to do at least 2 overnight stays in the NICU where we will completely oversee his care. The discharge coordinator is also setting up home health care for us as well as a medical equipment provider. We are very excited and praying for smooth sailing from here on out.

I often struggle with what God is trying to teach us through Samuel and came across John 9 when the disciples came across a blind man and they ask Jesus who sinned, this man or his parents? (As if God was punishing this man because of his or his parents action.) Jesus answered, "Neither this man nor his parents sinned. This happened so that the works of God might be revealed in him." - He then went on to heal him and the man testified before the Pharisees of how Jesus healed him. Our hope for Samuel is the same - that God will use him for His glory in some way. We have no idea what God has planned for us, but we will seek to learn from Him.

On another note, Kristy's brother Kevin and his wife Katie have been looking into adoption for a while and got a call from Kristy's friend Melissa, who is an attorney. Long story short - Melissa came across a child today that was born on 10/23 and he mother wants to give him up for adoption. He is staying with Kevin and Katie tonight and the mother has agreed to give him up to them for adoption. An instant answer to many prayers in a very unexpected way.

7 comments:

kyrajane said...

Happy One Month! Its today right??? Love you.
ky

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys. I will keep my fingers crossed that it all goes well. Kristy...tell Kevin I am so happy for them. Tina

Anonymous said...

Jeff & Kristy, I have already seen God glorified through Samuel and you. You are an amazing couple with incredibile faith in our God! We miss you and thank you for all you did for our family while you were here in NKY! I can't go a day without checking on you guys. Thanks so much for posting new info. Will continue to pray for his recovery and healing. Dec 8th is not that far away! I so wish you were at Cincinnati Children's Hospital so I could just stop in everyday! That's me being selfish though. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff and Kristy. I'm amazed how God has already changed and strengthened you two. I wasn't sure how else to get ahold of you, but I wanted to offer help if you need it. I'm not sure if you have enough people around here that can help with Dawson and give you two a little bit of time. I know he doesn't know me at all, but I'm usually home all day with Addi, so let me know if you need someone to keep him for a few hours. My cell number is 351-4857. We live near Peterson and N. Carefree.
I've shared about your family with our church, so know that your prayer circle has again expanded. In Him, Emily Davis

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog tonight and read the whole blog in one sitting. I can't even begin to tell you how your story has touched me. You have no idea who I am or the affect you have had on me, but I just wanted you to know that prayers are being lifted up for Samuel and you and your family from North Carolina.
(MORE!) Miracles & Blessings...
Linda R.

Melissa Kroener Hale said...

Jeff & Kristy,

I SO wish I could be there to help you guys but you are doing great. You are AMAZING, loving parents and both of your boys are lucky to have you-just as you are lucky to have them.
Praying & praying,
Stan, Lis, & Kids

Kgottsch said...

We are so excited for you that you might be bringing Samuel home soon. He has shown such determination. Tell Kevin and Katie how excited we are for them. Couldn't happen to better people. Love ya, Aunt Karen