Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Some good and some ok

This is Kristy. So, some days are good and some days are just ok. Today was ok at first, then turned out to be much better. When I went to the hospital this morning, Samuel was very "out of it". I asked the nurse on duty why he was so sleepy and she said the night time nurse gave him a valium every 2 hours. I was furious! He doesn't need it that often...maybe every 6 hours, but not every 2! Stuff is now starting to get harder-emotionally. I want to be able to trust the nurses and feel confident that they are doing the job they are suppose to...but frankly I don't always feel that way...and it is very unsettling. I just feel that some nurses depersonalize too much and lose that caring, nurturing attitude. It is hard not to be bitter or frustrated. Please pray that I can be an advocate for Samuel and stand out and say things when necessary. Anyway, this morning Samuel needed a lot of care-he needed an IV removed, a new one put in, and just a lot of other care. Needless to say, Samuel didn't like all this, and was very frustrated. It was so hard for me to see him that way. I can't hold him, I can't hear him cry, I can try to calm him, but it is hard to do...I struggle because I feel like I can't be his mother the way I want to be. So, I had to leave and take a walk. I needed to cool down. My emotions are high and it hurts so badly to see my little beautiful baby that way. But... when I came back, he was so cute. As soon as I walked in, he opened his little precious eye and looked at me. He just locked eyes with me. I held his teeny hands and just talked to him and stared right back at him. I thanked God for a wonderful moment with Samuel. I needed a moment of encouragement and God gave it to me-he knew just what I needed. So, I left after 7 hours at the hospital, with a renewed spirit of hope.

7 comments:

Melissa Kroener Hale said...

What a beautiful moment. God always knows :)

Love you

jenna said...

I love that you had that moment with Samuel! I'm sorry about your nurse experience.. there are some people that shouldn't be doing it for sure. You all are in my prayers daily and I know that God is holding you all so close :) I love you so much!
Jenna
ps.. I was looking at articles for a paper today and one of them referenced a study by someone with the last name rowbotham!

Anonymous said...

"The Lord doesn't see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7 NLT

Continuing to lift you all up to our Heavenly Father who loves us all so much.

Anonymous said...

Kristy...I am so happy that you are getting some special moments with Samuel. Know that I am still praying for you and your family. Take care!

K said...

I was going to say something sweet about how wonderful that is that you got sweet Samuel time (and really it is) but i got distracted at the photo of Daws with his face all bunched up and squinty. He is so freaking funny.

But that is sweet. Precious little Samuel. And his little hienie. :)

Anonymous said...

Kristy,
It was so wonderful seeing you and meeting Samuel. He is adorable and so precious ... I can tell you love him very much. Keep the updates coming and I'll be back for another visit soon!
Jess

B and C Cox said...

Jeff and Kristy- You probably have no idea how encouraging your story is to so many people. Its amazing what the Lord can do in a tough situation with a little baby. I think he must love you two in a pretty special way to trust you with Samuel. Thanks for sharing your story. We miss you guys. Think of you often and we're cheering and praying for you. Caroline and Brad