Monday, November 24, 2008

Are Miracles becoming common?

Samuel celebrated his 1st monthday today and had a CT scan to look at the amount of brain that has developed. The neonatalogist grabbed me as soon as he saw me and asked Kristy and I to come with him to look at the CT. He said he has never seen anything like this before and used words like amazing and phenomenal. This is also the same doctor that was using the word vegetative three weeks ago. Samuel had .5 cm of brain matter around the rim of his skull before the shunt and he now has 2.25 cm. He also has an almost complete forebrain and almost all of the right side of his brain and is missing a portion of his left side. He will be taken off IV nutrition tomorrow and feeding entirely off of Kristy's milk. We are hoping that he can have the shunt placed on Friday. God is good.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever. Eph 3:20

14 comments:

Christina said...

Go Samuel Go! That's terrific news. We will continue to think of you all and say prayers for Samuel's continued recovery.

Unknown said...

YAY! Our God is SO SO good!

shell said...

Wow. Amazing. I have been sharing your story and it just becomes more and more amazing. God is SO good and is getting ALL the glory! YEAH!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful answer to prayers. We will keep praying and watching Samuel grow!

Melissa B. said...

Praise God! That's AWESOME!!!

jenna said...

God is definitely showing off :) I love this!! Aww baby Samuel!! I just want to meet him!

Anonymous said...

Why are we amazed when the Great Big God of the Universe answers prayers????? Praise be to the Living Lord!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news. I have been so amazed by your strength and faith throughout this whole thing. GOD is truly GREAT!! Congratulations to your whole family.

the ewings said...

Praising the Lord for His work in your son and his precious life!!! Praying for you and sharing your story too! - Chris www.ewingadventure.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow! (that's all I can say right now!)

-Jess W.

Heather Rice said...

That is AWESOME!!!!! What a little trooper!

kyrajane said...

i'm still in awe, and like another person said, the only thing I can say right now is wow. I'm amazed by God. I'm amazed by God. I'm amazed by God.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for praying big! I'm so excited for the ways God is showing Himself to us all through Samuel. I love you guys! --L.A.

Anonymous said...

This is amazing news - I had to make myself not cry when I read this entry. I am really happy for you guys!!! We continue to pray for you and your little miracle often!!