Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just Here

I know it has a been awhile since I last updated, but this will be short. It is late and I am exhausted. I will get better at writing again...soon. We are surviving. We are taking each day, one at a time (what we are suppose to do anyway).

I just want to tell you a little story about Dawson (that kid is amazing). Dawson frequently talks about Samuel. I love it! But the other day, he made my heart melt. This is our conversation:

Dawson: I am going to go get Samuel.
Me: Do you know where Samuel is?
Dawson: With Jesus.
Me: How are you going to get him?
Dawson: I have super-fast wings to go get him.

Again, today he said he was going to go get Samuel. But this time we were in the car. He pretended to put on his wings and then told me that I needed to unbuckle him so he could fly. He started flapping his "wings" in the car and saying "flap, flap, flappin'". Man, I wish I could be as innocent and opened as he is. I pray that the world doesn't take this away from him.

3 comments:

jenna said...

Wow, Kristy, you all are so blessed! He is an amazing kid! :) I love you so much!

Heather Rice said...

Dawson is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

The world will take his innocence away but he will always remember Samuel with the angels. What a lovely memory he has and a sweet little boy you have.
Hugs and kisses to all of you