Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Sad Day for Me, A Joyous Day for Others

Well, today we got a letter in the mail from Donor Alliance. It was a confirmation letter that Samuel's heart valves were used for 2 children. Little Samuel's life helped to save 2 other children. Praise Jesus! I am very happy for those children and their families, just sad that it confirms that Samuel is actually dead. My heart is breaking. After receiving the letter, I went upstairs with Dawson and looked at pictures of Samuel. I was sobbing and Dawson was saying, "it's ok sweetie, do you want to lay down sweetie?". He is really a sweet kid. After I calmed down, I have just been "here"-I am sure we all have had days like that, maybe for different reasons though.

5 comments:

Karen said...

This news does bring about mixed emotions. Dawson is a remarkable little boy and Samuel is a remarkable little boy. Two little men with a remarkable Mommy.

Friends said...

Praying that God will give you everything you need.

Laura said...

My heart breaks for you. Hopefully time will help you heal a little more.

Anonymous said...

I want to commend you and your husband for giving Samuel the love and the life that you did and still are. Most of the Samuel's of our time are aborted in early pregnancy. Please be assured that in God's eyes and in mine you are considered a faithful servant to God Almighty. He is faithful and so are you. Joy will come in the morning. Wait upon the Lord.

Anonymous said...

How awesome that Samuel could save 2 precious children. God is wonderful. I am sad and happy for you at the same time, but still amazed by you and your faith.