Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Doctor visit today.

Yesterday, Jeff and I gave our blood to be sent to Baylor. Then I had a lot of phone calls to make to ensure that the insurance was taken care of. We had to put a down payment because the test is $1600. Thank goodness for Younglife insurance!!!! The test could take only 7 days, but possibly longer. Again, waiting.

Today we went to the OB for my regular check-up. She pretty much just said: normal pregnancy, abnormal baby. So, I will continue to see her just as I normally would. There is no added risk to me. It is so hard not knowing what is going on. We have to wait until we get the testing back to even discuss anything further details. For example, we may have to deliver in Denver, depending on results. Again, we just have wait.

God is really trying to teach me patience and it is driving me nuts. It seems as if the lessons are never ending with Him. I think this experience will help me to see God in a new light.

Please pray for us financially. I recently quit babysitting in light of the current circumstances. I felt that it was hard enough to care for my own child, let alone another child. It is just that some days are hard to just function. I have been trying to keep busy. Just pray that God will provide an opportunity to make money elsewhere. I know he will!! Because of course God is good and he cares for us. I am really glad that God made things so simple, but somehow we manage to make them more complicated. Also, just pray for us as we eagerly await results. I fear that there may be something wrong with Jeff and I-genetically. That kind of scares me a little bit. Thanks all for listening.

5 comments:

jenna said...

kristy i will definitely be praying for that blood test. i love that your faith is so apparent.if there is anything i can do to help please let me know :) i love you so much.
in His love, Jenna

Judy said...

Hi Kristy, I am a friend of Sue Seeley's and I'm following your blog daily. You, Jeff, Dawson, and baby Samuel are in my daily prayers. I so admire your faith and truly believe that there is a higher purpose in this tragic situation. God IS faithful...

Continuous prayers,

Judy

shell said...

Thanks for giving us a place to follow and encourage you! I agree with Jenna, your faith is so apparent and it is encouraging to the rest of us.

Unknown said...

Kristy,
I'm so happy you're doing this blog, especially since I'm not seeing you every day like I was! We are praying for you ... I know Aiden would love to play with Dawson soon so let me know if we can watch him some evening!
Jess

sjbecker said...

jeff and kristy,my name is sue becker, I am your neighbors becky and les' sister-in-law from Calif. becky sent me your blog and I cannot get you guys off my heart. I know from other friends how hard this is on a marriage...and yet i also know how big our God is and I am so thankful you guys are Christians .I am committed to pray for all of you. My little grandson is here now and we just stopped and prayed for baby Samuel,as well as your endurance and Peace that surpasses ALL understanding..In His Love sue