Sunday, May 24, 2009

Be Still and Know that HE IS GOD

Passage from Streams in the Desert by: L.B. Cowman (thanks Jenna!)

That is all God asks of you as His dear child. When you become weak through the fierce fires of affliction, do not try to "be strong." Just "be still, and know that [He is] God." And know that he will sustain you and bring you through the fire.
Be strong, He has not failed you
In all the past,
And will He go and leave you
To sink at last?
No, He said He will hide you
Beneath His wing;
And sweetly there in safety
You then may sing.

4 comments:

jenna said...

i'm glad you like it! i miss you so much. we just got back from Rockbridge and I was secretly hoping that you all would be there :) one of the club talks made me think about you all a lot. I'm still praying for you all! i wish I could see you everyday so badly! i'll start looking at tickets for august :)

Gail said...

I have been praying for you almost every day. You don't know me, but I always look at your blog. I hope you will go to the blog called "Go blog yourself" You will find someone who knows what you are going through. I can't imagine the pain, but I continue to pray.

Leslie said...

Sending love and hugs your way!

Your faith is an awesome testament.

Tuesday's Grammy

Anonymous said...

You will NOT sink, Kristy. You and Jeff will be okay. There will come a time when sadness is not your constant companion. God will give you peace.